Jason T. Wheeler – CFP®, AIF®, CLU®, ChFC®, MBA
CEO and Wealth Consultant
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
Accredited Investment Fiduciary® designee
Chartered Life Underwriter®
Chartered Financial Consultant®
Professional Registrations, Licenses, and Designations:
FINRA Series 7, 31, 63, and 65 securities registrations
North Carolina Life, Variable Life and Variable Annuity Insurance Agent
North Carolina Long-Term Care Insurance Agent
Jason is a wealth consultant and founding partner of Pathfinder Wealth Consulting. He has been in the financial services industry since 1999.
Jason was born in Dayton, Ohio, but grew up in Eastern North Carolina. He graduated magna cum laude from the University of North Carolina Wilmington in 1999 with a BS in finance and an MBA in 2003. Rob Penn, Jason’s business partner, hired him in 1999 and the two began a successful business relationship, highlighted by the formation of Pathfinder Wealth Consulting in 2005.
Jason’s passion for the business begins with helping our clients, working with select families to accomplish their personal and business goals. Jason’s role also includes managing the overall firm, leading its growth initiatives and enhancing operations.
Jason resides in Wilmington with his wife, Ashley, and his daughter, Merritt. Their family includes two rescue dogs, Vader and Maya. Ashley is a speech language pathologist and owns Therapy Connections, Inc., a pediatric speech therapy company. Although Jason would love to have a better golf game, the family is better suited for water activities. They enjoy time together boating, fishing, and playing on the beach or surfing in the waves. Jason considers himself a lifelong learner and is always ready to try a new activity, travel to a new spot, or delve into a new subject.
- Financial Planning Association, Member
- Financial Services Institute, Member
- Commonwealth Advisory Council, Past Member
- UNCW Foundation Board, Chair
- Wilmington Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Cameron School of Business Executive Advisory Board
- Economics & Finance Dept. Advisory Board, Chair
- Cape Fear Community College Foundation, Board Member
- Cape Fear Literacy Council, Finance Committee Member
- UNCW Alumni Association, Past Chair 2007-2009
- Adjunct Faculty, Corporate Finance 2008-2011
- Leadership Wilmington Alumnus 2011
Awards & Recognition:
- 2003 Outstanding MBA Student University of North Carolina Wilmington
- 2004 University of North Carolina Wilmington Young Alumnus of the Year
- 2011 Leadership Wilmington Outstanding Class Member
- 2012 Cameron School of Business Alumnus of the Year